Monday, November 15, 2010

A Childs Treasure



Both my younger kids have a "Buddy", a stuffed pillow shaped as an animal. My 7 yr old has a pink rabbit that I found at a thrift store before she turned 1, and my son has a brown Monkey that was given to him also before the age of 1. My daughter Cheyenne named hers "Buddy" so we called my son Riers pillow "Buddy" also. When he started to talk he changed the name to the sound a monkey makes, oo oo ah ah. Both of our children treasure their "Buddies." They have become a part of our family. It's not an odd site to find Mommy or Daddy hugging, kissing, or cradling a "Buddy."


When Riers Buddy, "Oo Oo Ah Ah got his first battle wound, (a hole in his head) I came up with the idea of writing a note and stuffing it in him before we sewed him back up. I cut up an old crib sheet and wrote a "love letter" to my son with a black Sharpie on it, dated it, and stuffed it into "Oo Oo Ah Ah" and sewed him up. Few months later I did the same. The next time we had a "battle wound" I wanted to do something different so I took the little tiny toy monkey Rier received as a prize from his first dental appointment and wrapped it up in one of his baby socks and stuffed him in "Oo Oo Ah Ah." This time around he was looking a bit flimsy, so Rier helped Grandma stuff more stuffing and all the little treasures into his buddy himself. Now he felt so proud and was apart of the process of making "Oo Oo" a true treasure

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Such great ideas, you come up with!I think when I have kids in nine years I will have to tell my future wife to do this! Love you Miichiiee!

    ReplyDelete