Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Redbox vs Netflix!




I was so impressed when Redbox hit all our local stores, I couldn't believe that I could rent a movie for only a dollar a day. So we stocked up on rentals. Each member of the family got to pick out their own movie. It was a lot of fun popping the popcorn, turning the lights off and having a movie marathon.....til the movies weren't returned the next day! Our affordable "Movie Marathon" wasn't costing us 4$ anymore, it was now 8$, oh but wait...."what day did we rent these movies, " three or four days ago!!! Yikes! We just spent way more money then we had originally planned. Owell, we'll try to be better next time. So the next weekend my daughter has friends over. My husband takes them to rent movies. Two weeks later I find movies in her room that I had no idea were rented! I can't keep track of how many we ended up buying at $25 a pop! What started off as an affordable luxury had now become a pleasure I tried to stay away from. Until.....(drum roll)....Netflix!





I kept seeing commercials advertising Netflix for only $9 a month, with unlimited access, no late charges and the ability to watch movies "instantly" on your Wii console or via the Internet! Are you kidding me N-I-N-E dollars a month! That's amazing, awesome, unbelievable, "ok, what's the catch?" There is no catch! As a matter of fact the first month is free! If you're not happy with the service you can cancel at anytime! No credit checks and no contracts. Now granite not all videos are available to watch instantly but if you send away for them you'll be shocked at how quickly they arrive...within a day or two. You can keep the movie as long as you'd like while still using the "watch instantly" option. There's no shipping charges involved and even includes the envelope to ship it back in...all you have to do is drop it in your mailbox!

I've never been much of a "T.V" person, I can't seem to keep track of the airing times and dates. But since signing up for Netflix I now take the time for myself to enjoy a television series, watch a movie, or lay in bed with the kids to watch a "family classic." So next time you're having a hard time gettin ahold of me, know that I'm probably curled up in bed, with my laptop on my lap, watching Netflix....good luck!






Note: I'm in no way affiliated with Redbox or Netflix, neither have been informed about this post, nor have I been compensated in anyway. This blog is solely based on my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment